The battle between Luffy and Kaido continues; Kaidou uses a new technique that causes his entire dragon form to become extremely hot, causing Luffy to let go of him; in return, Luffy unleashes his new attack on Kaidou; and now everyone awaits the next exciting chapter of One Piece in which the battle between Luffy and Kaido will continue. So, let’s go over everything you need to know about One Piece Chapter 1049, including its release date, raw scans, leaks, and spoilers.
Let’s begin with the dissection of One Piece Chapter 1049. Every manga fan who keeps up with the series is delighted about the latest development. The series is still going strong, with over 1000 chapters published, and fans are eager to watch the long-awaited confrontation between Luffy and Kaido, now that Luffy has gained Gear 5.
In a flashback 20 years ago, Kaidou attacks Kuri with Orochi to track down Momonosuke, along with the other Kozuki retainers, and burns down the Kozuki Clan castle. Meanwhile, as Daimyo of Wano’s other territories, Shimotsuki Ushimaru, Shimotsuki Yasuie, Fugetsu Omusubi, and Uzuki Tempura assault Kaidou and Orochi.
Table of Contents
One Piece Chapter 1049 Release Date & Time
One Piece Chapter 1049 is scheduled to release on Sunday, May 15th, 2022 at 12:00 AM JST(Japan Standard Time). As you know One Piece is published under Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, where a new chapter comes out every Sunday. The raw scans will be available on Friday and fan translations on the forthcoming day.
One Piece Chapter 1049 Raw Scans, Spoilers and Leaks Sections
As of writing the raw scans for One Piece Chapter 1049 have not been released. The raw scans usually come out around Thursday or Friday As soon as the raw scans are available we will update the article. The scanlation process takes some time however, for a popular title like One Piece it won’t take more than a few hours.
The scans are leaked from Japan and then they are translated by translators around the world and then they are published online by them.
Update: the spoilers and raw scans will start appearing online on Tuesday, May 10th, 2022 at 11 pm UTC.
Update 2: as we promised the first batch of spoilers is out now. Have a look:
- Chapter 1049: “The world we should aspire to”
- In the cover, someone burned Niji and Yonji’s book
- Kaido flashback time. We see his childhood in Vodka Kingdom, and where a few years later he met Whitebeard who told him that Rocks wants to meet him
- In the present, part of Raizo’s water leaves the castle and flame clouds disappear. But Momo makes a new one.
- Luffy says he will create a world where none of his friends would starve, then he hits Kaido and Kaido falls to the ground of the flower capital.
- In another flashback, Kaido tells King that Joy Boy will be the man that can defeat him.
- Break next week.
Update 2: second batch of spoilers are now available
– Aah, the emotionless sea voyage of the Germa 66 VL. 11 “How!? The book in the lab has started to burn and the two brothers have broken free!!”
– Luffy and Kaidou’s attacks have collided, the fire dragon opens its mouth wide to face Luffy’s giant fist.
– Kaidou congratulates Luffy for having come this far in his battle against him. However, he tells Luffy that there is no way he can change the world.
-A new Kaidou flashback begins, this time from his childhood (about 49 years before the present of the story).
– The people of Kaidou’s home kingdom were shocked to see that the strongest soldier in their kingdom was a boy who was only 10 years old. Also, it seems that Kaidou had ambition to go even further.
– Kingdom of Vodka, 46 years before the present of history.
– The kingdom cannot stop participating in wars since they have to earn enough money in them to pay the “Heavenly Gold” to the Tenryuubito. If they don’t, they will lose all the human rights they have.
– Kaidou (who was 13 years old at the time) wonders why they should obey those “Tenryuubito”, people tell him to shut up for fear someone will listen to him.
– In the royal palace we see that Kaidou has been chained and is surrounded by several Marines. The king of the Vodka Kingdom tells him that he has been recruited by them and that now he must serve as a Marine.
– Kaidou refuses to be a “dog” of the Government, the king tells him that he is too great a burden for the kingdom and that they can no longer take care of him.
– One of the Marines tells the king that once Kaidou has been handed over, the Kingdom of Vodka will gain the right to participate in Levely. Kaidou angrily interrupts him saying that it is not a political tool.
-Kaidou escapes from the Navy ship and earns a reward of 70,000,000 Berries (we see his Wanted, which confirms that his name is “Kaidou”).
– During the following years Kaidou was captured by the Navy several times, but he always escaped. Kaidou actually let himself be captured when he was hungry and used the prisoner ships as if they were cafeterias or restaurants.
– 2 years pass (44 years before the present of the story) and the action changes to the Pirate Island “Hachinosu” in the New World.
– There Kaidou (who was 15 years old) defeated every pirate who got in front of him. A young Shirohige asks him if he had ever considered becoming a pirate and tells him that “Rocks” has been waiting to meet him.
– Later we see that Kaidou joins the Rocks Pirates and now they are an invincible gang.
– Some time passes and we see that Big Mom tells Kaidou that something important has happened and that they must go immediately to “God Valley” (this occurs more or less 38 years before the present of the story, when Kaidou was about 21 years old ).
– Then we see what happens after the incident of “God Valley”. The “Hachinosu” pirates find out that Rocks’ gang has broken up, but they can’t believe it. They comment that a Marine soldier named Garp is the one who has killed them.
– Other pirates say that there must have been internal conflicts in the gang, since the concept of “teamwork” did not seem to exist in the brains of those monsters.
-We see again a very angry young Big Mom, she is looking for Kaidou. It seems that he has left without showing his face to her.
– 10 years have passed since the “God Valley” incident (28 years before the present of the story, when Kaidou was about 31 years old). Kurozumi Higurashi goes to visit Kaidou at his base.
– Higurashi tells Kaidou that he is the “personification of force” and that brute force has been the solution to everything throughout history. After all, humans are “animals” and only the strongest survive. Nature is like that.
Kaidou agrees with his words.
– Higurashi says that the “remnants” of the Rocks gang will enter the scene soon, and that the world will be ruled by weapons. He then tells her that he has a great deal to offer her.
– Again a time lapse passes and we see Kaidou talking to his subordinates in his castle (it seems that this scene takes place after Oden’s death).
Kaidou : “There are people who are born into nobility!! And people in power who take peace for granted!!!
Let’s drag them onto the battlefield!!! That’s the true meaning of “equality” and “freedom”!!!Only in “war” can a person’s worth be defined!!!”
-Kaidou talks to King, tells him that he doesn’t know how it happened, but that Yamato has started to mention Joy Boy’s name. He also tells her that he believes Oden’s wish to “open the border of the country” was a preparation for Joy Boy’s arrival.
King: “…? Who is…?”
– Back to the present. We see that the CP0 agent who had survived is moving away from Onigashima using the Geppou (Moon Walk) in the air.
– Momonosuke looks at Luffy and Kaidou’s clash of attacks and says that Luffy will win. Yamato tells him not to dawdle and Momonosuke keeps trying to create the “clouds of flame”.
– The people of the Flower Capital continue to celebrate the festival. Inside the Onigashima castle we see that the water continues to put out the fire and drag everyone down.
– Sanji saves Osome and wonders where the water came from. Franky tells the samurai to be careful not to get swept away by the current.
– Denjiro tells Hiyori that she has done very well, enduring all those years of suffering to get to this moment.
– Kaidou’s “clouds of flames” disappear and the island begins to fall.
-Kaidou’s fire dragon manages to close his mouth little by little and gains ground against Luffy’s attack, which he is suffering.
Kaidou: “Tell me, Straw Hat!! What kind of world would you be able to create!!?”
Luffy: “…!! I…”
– Momonosuke manages to create a giant “cloud of flame” that stops Onigashima from falling and moves the island out of the fighting zone.
-At that moment Luffy recovers ground and manages to go through the fire dragon and hit Kaidou while he answers his question.
Luffy: “I’ll create a world where my friends…!!! They can eat their hearts full of happiness!!!That’s the world I want!!!!”
– Luffy’s punch makes Kaidou hit the ground at high speed and with great force. The impact is so powerful, that Kaidou is embedded in the ground of Wanokuni very deep.
– At that moment we see the end of the conversation about Joy Boy that Kaidou and King had years ago.
Kaidou: “King, I know who Joy Boy is.”
King: “Who is…?”
Kaidou: “The type who can defeat ME in the future!!!”
King: “Being like this… I think he’ll never show up…”
– On the final page we see that Onigashima has managed to land on the ground of Wanokuni without major damage. Momonosuke falls to the ground exhausted. Luffy is also falling from the sky, exhausted and with his eyes closed…
The raw scan images will be available in 8-20 hours.
Before moving ahead here is a quick summary of what had happened so far in the story:
Previous Chapter Summary
Momonosuke tells Luffy that he can’t move Onigashima out of the way, but the memory of his family compels him to try anyway. Kaidou tells Luffy that he will take his attack head on as he starts covering himself in fire, a move called Kaen Daiko. While doing so, he tells Luffy that Oden died twenty years ago by burning to death, and ever since then, Wano became a lawless land filled with people desperately waiting for their “savior” to appear.
The fire causes Luffy to let go, which Kaidou says is the right call and that he had no intention of running, though it was because he was confident Luffy wouldn’t be able to crush him with his fist because he would vaporize it. Kaidou then performs a move called Shoryu: Kaen Hakke while Luffy uses Gomu Gomu no Bajrang Gun, all the while thinking back to when Hyogoro taught him advanced Busoshoku Haki, and the two attacks clash.
Inside the castle, Usopp tries to keep Kin’emon and Kikunojo from drowning and the other samurai cheer for Luffy to defeat Kaidou, with Kawamatsu saying that unless Kaidou is defeated, then their long nightmare won’t end. He thinks about when he and the rest fled the Flower Capital after Oden was killed, and Orochi yelled that they would most definitely head back to Kuri to protect Momonosuke, only for Kaidou to say he would take care of him himself. As a result, several loyal samurai were struck down by Kaidou and the castle was burnt to the ground. Kozuki Toki was pronounced dead in Bakura Town and no one else was found which led to Orochi believing the Kozuki line had finally ended.https://twitter.com/Epicopboy/status/1524029442334597127
Where to read online?
All the latest and previous chapters of One Piece can be read online through VIZ’s website or else you can Shueisha’s English manga portal Mangaplus.
One Piece, Ch. 1,048: Wano has waited 20 years for a hero to rise! Can Luffy’s fist crush Kaido once and for all?! Read it FREE from the official source! https://t.co/sKKeWKWNim pic.twitter.com/ma2YK9bhtU— Shonen Jump (@shonenjump) May 8, 2022
You can also download Viz’s ShonenJump App or Mangaplus’s official app on your Android and IOS smartphones. The last option available is to wait for the physical release of its volume by VIZ or your local licensor.
We insist that you read the latest chapters through official sources instead of unofficial and illegal sites if you truly wish to support its creators for their continuous hard work and efforts.
Leave a Reply